From:
To:
Departing:
Returning:
Adults (18-64)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Are you paying for watching TV?


I know this sounds funny, but do your self a favor and check what channels you all really watch at home.



Ignore what channels you need at work or what your kids want to look at. What channels do you or your wife really view at home?



Do you watch the popular programs? Like Sixty Minutes, Desperate Housewives, NFL Football, Basketball, Baseball, Playoffs, Boston Legal, PBS, Lost, Grey’s Anatomy, CSI, Law and Order, Dirty Sexy Money, 20/20, House, The Late night Shows, Leno and Letterman and so on and so forth.



All of these are aired on network TV and are free and in HDTV, if you want them to be.



All you have to do is get yourself a rabbit ears type antenna from any Tech Store and connect it to your cable wiring, so it distributes the signal to your entire home.



How do I know this?



We are Baby Boomers and recently moved from an Apartment to a Townhouse down the road at Chandlers Landing. We had AT&T Uverse in our apartment, but when we moved we were told that Uverse was not available at the Townhouse.



We had a small TV in the kitchen of the General Electric variety with rabbit ears the reception of which was perfect in both our Apartment and in the Town House down the road for about 20 channels.



So in some casual banter my significant other observed that it was a shame that we could not get as perfect a reception on our other TV’s (without having cable or satellite) as the one we were getting from our kitchen TV for FREE!



I thought this was a great idea and I started to investigate to see if I could satisfy my significant other’s ambition. I knew that if I could find some sort of contraption that could receive a TV transmission signal that I could attach to our cable distribution cables, I could get it done, and went to shop for one.



We had a dish on our roof so I immediately thought that if I could find a dish like contraption/receiver that could perform a similar function and would receive a TV signal from a tower instead of a satellite or a cable and connect it to our Dish TV wiring I could distribute it to the home.



The dish was only a partial success and I returned it to the store and exchanged it for an indoor aerial with rabbit ears. I anchored that aerial on the roof and connected it to the wiring to transmit it to the entire house.



In order to protect it from the elements I wrapped it in a plastic freezer bag, pierced the bag to allow the rabbit ears to be deployed and mounted it on the roof.



We have watched TV for free ever since with a picture (HDTV) perfect screen including those transmissions that were supposed to be on cable but were transmitted on local channels due to their importance to the local community.



Why don’t you join us and watch TV that is paid for by the commercials and return to the good old days when TV was free.

No comments: